Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Um, Santa You Forgot...

'I wish' .... Santa would have remembered _____ was on my list!

Oh, Santa- You forgot a few things... Things that have been on my list for a few years now.... Um, I am hoping you don't put me on the naughty list for posting your forgetfulness for all the world to see..but come on!!! How many times does a girl have to ask?!?!

I have been working on it on my own.. but I am not having much luck-please Santa, Grant me the ability to hide my facial expressions!!!
It is such a horrible problem.. One a girl like me should never have... It kills me to hurt peoples feelings...but sometimes my face gives me away... for instance in the grocery store last week... I didn't mean for my jaw to drop when I nearly ran into a makeup-less co-worker of mine, I didn't mean to indent my eyebrows when trying to figure out a gift from a friend. I didn't mean to smile really big when a certain someone text messaged me (causing everyone around to ask me who it was..).. Why o'why does my face betray me daily?
If I am happy, sad, disgusted, scared, or angry everyone knows it before I even say a word. The people around me are well aware of this..they often take advantage of my little problem.. when someone wants to know if they are wearing the right outfit, got a cute haircut...they always come to me...because they know my thoughts without even asking.. It is a problem and Santa.. and I think its time you did something about it..

Oh yeah, and why your at it.. help me say NO to CARBS, Fried Foods, and just one more bite.....
I know it's after Christmas and all..but it is kind of your fault for forgetting right??? Um, don't be offended when I leave a ginkgo galoba pill
(it should help with your memory)
and a glass of
water instead of your
regular cookies and milk... You
might wanna lay off the carbs to...
Um, just sayin'

14 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you get what Santa forgot to bring! ;) Controlling emotions can be a challenge.

Hollie said...

I was so happy to see you stopped by my blog, I do remember you!! I know what you mean about being out of the bloggin' loop, sometimes i only have time to do a quick post and not to go thru and read all of the blogs that i love. we all understand! :-)

this post was hilarious and i can totally relate. i show all of my feelings on my face, too! my husband always tells me after the fact. "I saw your face when..." is what he'll say when we get in the car after leaving somewhere. i hate that i do that!

hope you had a very merry christmas!! glad to see you are doing well!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh yeah... my face always says it all as well... I'm a "gasper" too - when things shock me, I'll literally give a big loud Gasp - talk about giving something away!

Shell in your Pocket said...

This made me laugh...I agree!

Have a great Wednesday, Becky!
sandy toe

courtney said...

That's such a good idea...why didn't I think about asking Santa to help me say no to carbs? Or better yet asking him to just eat all the carbs in my house.

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad you are blogging again. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have the same problem...only my mouth usually works just about the same time my face does and my brain forgets to work. Open mouth insert foot. YUM.
I need to lay off the iced coffees and muffins. So hard.

valerie said...

Hey Becky! I've missed you. Thought you had quit blogging forever.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
I'm so glad you're back. I always enjoyed your blog.
Did you get lots of snow in your area?
I guess you're still teaching? and if so, you're probably enjoying your break, huh?
Stay warm.
I'm going to read your posts and catch up!
Have a good Wednesday!

CC said...

darn those carbs!!!

We haven't opened our family gifts yet. So here's to hoping!

Candice said...

Hey girl! How crazy that we have the same last name and are both from Memphis. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I would have never put the two and two together, but I love your take on it. This is something we all deal with and some are better than others. My husband totally reads me and says, "Kelsey ..." hahah!!!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Thanks for stopping by! :) Ah this is cute! Then again, as much as you dislike your facial expression it is part of you and I wish I could be as "open" as you are. ;) I really like that in other people, I think my face is always a stone. No expression whatsoever! :( How sad is that?!

Unknown said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog! I really enjoyed reading your blog and am so becoming a fallower so I can see more! Allways looking to meet new blogger friends!
I allso really love your layout!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

welcome back girl=)!! I do the same thing! I can't help it most of the time either and sometimes I have to try really hard to not give myself away, ha! and oh to not crave fried foods, sweets, and and and. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Juliana said...

My baby is SOOO expressive too...just like me and apparently you too!