Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Me Monday!

I most certainly did not abandon my blog for over a year…just to return one day because I missed it so. I did not let my blog fall to the wayside because if I didn’t post I would stress about it…because how dumb would that be??

I am not dreading going back to work tomorrow, I would never be so selfish to complain about going to work after I have been off for two weeks straight-what kind of person would that make me?

I am not secretly happy that the temps will be below 40 degrees tomorrow morning-because if that were true and it is , the darling little students at my school would have to stay in for morning recess- and me, the teacher who is scheduled for morning duty the next two weeks would be off the hook.

On the other hand…I am also not secretly sad that the temps will not be above 40 in the afternoon, meaning my little darlings will have indoor recess in my room.

I did not stop in one of the makeup isles at wal-mart and have a little talk with Jesus.. concerning the little girl screaming and crying in the next isle over.. My prayer did not go something like this.. Dear God, Please help my students not act like that little girl tomorrow- I know they will be tired and out of routine-but please help things run smoothly-Help me not to be the one throwing the fits J Amen…

My 30 something best friend and I did not go see The Princess and The Frog today without any children, um for the 2nd time…

I certainly haven’t taken the time to sit down and think of some resolutions for the New Year.. I am definitely not going to pull out the ones from last year and just change the date… I mean how lazy would that be.. and technically that would kind of be breaking one of the resolutions anyway..right? The one that will not be on my list.. Be More Prepared! Be More Organized… Silly things like that would never make it to my list…my um, list that is usually lost or forgotten by Februay.

12 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Haha! Too funny! I know that I have been hoping my students are totally out of it when we go back on Tuesday. I am glad to have you back in the Blogworld!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Well Im glad to see you are blogging again..Happy new year.Thanks for stopping by me blog.It was nice to see ya there again too..Hope you have a wonderful day..hugs

Rebecca Jo said...

For the 2nd time???? I'm dying to see the Princess & the Frog!!!

Mrs Anne said...

So good to see you back!!!! :)

Megan said...

Welcome back!!!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I hope you stick around and keep blogging!

I love your profile description of yourself-- the "small town girl" part has me singing Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'", and that makes me smile!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh Becky, your prayer cracked me up! I know I've said this before but I am so happy you're back.

Straight to Your Hart said...

I was thrilled to have Monday come 2 weeks ago. Then it was here and I found myself missing my little darlings...k..moment gone;)

BTW..Princess and the Frog was surely cute!

Happy New Year!

Suzi said...

Great not me's! Thanks for stopping by today! I have not been MIA from my blog lately either! LOL. I am sooo not looking forward to tomorrow because my children are surely NOT up still playing Guitar Hero with daddy! Nope, I am way more responsible than that!

valerie said...

I always enjoyed your "Not Me Mondays."
Sooo glad you're back!

Hope your kiddos weren't too wild for you today on this first day back from Christmas break.

Darlene said...

Those are just too funny!! Glad you made it back to the blogging world. Hope you had a great Christmas and are having a Happy New Year! My daughter keeps telling me I need to go see The Princess and the Frog. She got to go with her school (before the holiday break) as a reward for something....who knows what...lol.

Brandie said...

Haha very funny! Thanks for commenting on my blog!!