Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Foto Finish

I took a photo this week over at my parents house. I have wanted to blog about it all week. Then I ran onto this site and thought it would be something fun to be a part of.. You can be a part of Foto Finish Friday too.. just click the linky to find out all about it..


You can do so here ---> Carrie's Friday Foto Finish


Please forgive the quality of the picture. It was taken on my cellphone.. Oh, how I wish it would have been on my camera...because I love this picture for many reasons..

First of all, this is Abby. She is my parents fat cat. She is a butter ball. This picture doesn't really show you how big she is..but I am thinking she is a 25lber..

It was Sunday just after church when I walked into my parents house and seen Abby all laid out on top of my Mom's beloved Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. Seriously folks, my mom loves these things. My aunt made them for her and she changes them out with the seasons. My mom says she has a love hate relationship with Abby. She loves her because she has been around forever but she hates her because of all the shedding..well my mom would have flipped if she seen Abby like this.. So I knew I had to send this picture to her right away. I pulled out my phone, took this picture and quickly sent it in a text message entitled caught! Needless to say, she was not happy. My dad said, "Becky you should be ashamed of yourself, getting poor Abby in trouble".. I wasn't.. I think it was hilarious..

Secondly, I love this picture because she is just so comfortable. Her chubby little legs just sprawled out as if she were sitting in someones lap.. well technically, she is but you guys know what I mean.. and well Raggedy Ann and Andy just looked tickled to death to have some company...

Thirdly, it made me think! Oh, No! Right? It made me think, Why Do We Always Want to go or be where we are not allowed. Or do things we are not supposed to do? Why is this? Even animals. From the beginning of time, with Eve... We always wanna push the envelope.. yep, this picture made me think... of course I don't really have the answers and I pretty much didn't ponder pass the point of all my questioning... but hey, at least it made me think huh?

Happy Friday Friends!

28 comments:

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

My husband's cats are 18 & 22 pounds. I'm not a cat person.

I do, however, think that picture is really cute :)

The Shillingburg's said...

We have a cat that is black and is about 4 ft. long, nose to tip of tail. He looks like he is chubby, but it's all hair. My husband shaved him once and turns out he is this scrawny cat. His name is Tony. :) Glad you got to visit your family! Makes me miss mine...:)

Susie said...

He does look really comfy:-)

Unknown said...

What a cute cat!!!

I thought about you yesterday when I was in World Market because they have the frames you are looking for. Not sure how much they are because the price wasn't on them! They may be too expensive, but I thought I'd let you know!

Mrs Anne said...

I love Abby and her chubbiness.

:)

Annikke said...

Oh my goodness...that is the cutest picture!

Debbie said...

So much like my cat. So typical.

Sondre Lyn said...

That is such a cute picture.

I too get a kick out of "torturing" my parents. With a large amount of love and a sense of humor, of course.

Cute! Cute! Cute!

JWilson said...

I think I lvoe your mom. I am a huge Raggady Ann and Andy fan. I have been collecting them since I was a kid and my Aunt made me my very first doll. I love them so much that when I found out I was having a dughter her nursery was Raggady Ann and Andy and now she loves them and has a ton of their stuff.

I am not a cat fana t all so I would have freaked to if a cat was on my dolls. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

That really is a sweet picture. Look how comfy little chubby cat is....

Nicole said...

That is the best picture! I think it is hilarious how you took the picture to show your mom lol. I would have done the same thing. But really... did she really think her cat wouldn't sleep there when she wasn't home? If I was a cat I would be all over the place as soon as my owners left :P And that is why we put our 3 cats in the basement when we go out or go to bed. They can go crazy down there and we don't have to worry about them messing with our stuff.

Linda S said...

Loveeeee kitty pictures! We have 2 now, Little Ding and Monkey...Monkey is big boned, at least that's what she calls it... :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture! I love how cats just go where they want to go...they are too coo! My 2 cats are almost 20lbs a piece and I thought they were pretty big....geez,Abby!!! :)

Casey's trio said...

Looks like a good place to take a nap to me!

Jen said...

aww :)

A New Yorker said...

It's very ETish...don't you think?

Joy said...

Funny/naughty kitty!

Anonymous said...

You are actually the blogging buddy I was referring to in my photo blog! Absolutely adorable pic, it's what inspired my pic(s)! I to think, I wasn't even a cat person 5 years ago!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Aww! Love this picture! I love that the cat has a found a nice, comfy place to nap! Thanks for visiting my blog - come back again!

Jessica Morris said...

Very cute :) The cat does look comfy!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Cute! They loved the company, ha!

Candid Carrie said...

Becky! Hi ... it is me, Carrie! I finally made it over here. Thank you for finding us and thank you for playing along and thank you for blowing the whistle on your cat! If you would have been involved in sneaky things like that when you were under their roof you would have walked away with some serious consequences, right?

My mom has two shih tzus that she treats like royalty. I wish I would have had it that good!

Dawn said...

Followed you over from Carrie's blog. Very cute picture and story! :)

Julie said...

(1) Those dolls are so cute!!

(2) Bryan had a cat very similar to yours. She was a calico and was 20-25 years old. She too was a HUGE cat. She was affectionately called "Lico." Bryan's parents had to have her put to sleep this year. His mom had a love-hate relationship with Lico as well.

Expat No. 3699 said...

I have that same love/hate relationship with my son's cat. She's been around for awhile and she's got a great disposition...but the hair! Ugh!

Rachel said...

I love cats...my hubby is allergic so I can never have one...but I do enjoy their purring and rubbing their heads to my head when I visit people who have cats!

Smiling Shelly said...

What a great shot! And I just love all of the reasons that you love this photo. How funny!

Well.....Now mom knows what she does when they're not around. She keeps Raggedy Ann and Andy company. HA!

N said...

Aw, how cute...and what a big cat! I had a cat who was oh, close to twenty pounds, he was a big guy. We think he was part Main Coone, which would explain the size somewhat.