Becky is patient, Becky is kind. Becky does not envy, Becky does not boast, Becky is not proud. Becky is not rude, Becky is not self-seeking, Becky is not easily angered, Becky keeps no record of wrongs. Becky does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. She always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.- 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
3. I believe that I have a lot of people in my life that will be there NO MATTER WHAT! I have a wonderful family that is so supportive of everything and anything I want to do. Of course a lot of times they are the voice of reason..but that is good too. I also have a core group of friends that I can always count on. I love each and everyone of them for different reasons. They each bring something different to my life.
4. I believe in being outlandish despite what others think. I have always loved this quote:
5. I believe in a helping hand, not a hand out. I believe we hinder people by making them to dependent on us. I believe in working hard and earning your own way. I believe in a strong work ethic. I wish more people did...
6. I believe in America. I believe we live in a great country. I believe in the principles we were founded on. I just wish we weren't so far away from them. I know our country is in a mess right now & things are crazy-scary even. But there is something about the Ole' Red, White, and Blue that makes my heart swell with pride and makes my eyes well up with tears. I am proud to be an American. I also believe in the military. I believe they are not honored enough. In my eyes they are all heroes.
7. I believe in the Golden Rule. I believe it is still true. I believe that if people would choose to follow this.. our world would be a much better place. I do not believe it is outdated or old fashion. I think it is good sound advice. I believe in being the best me, I can be. 8. I believe that having a strong faith and morals does not make you close minded.
9. I believe kids today are forced to grow up to fast. I believe they are exposed to way to much way to early. I believe at times, people expect to much out of them. I teach 4 year olds and many times I have to remind myself, Becky - They have only been on this earth 1,460 some odd days. It really puts things in perspective for me..
10. I believe in making the best out of a bad situation. I try to look for the good in all things. Again, at times I fail miserably and I get wrapped up in the why me, or how come phase.. But I have always found in looking for the good, the bad gets easier.
Wow- this post seems kinda serious. Just for the fun of it.. I will add some more without all the wordy explanations. I believe in laughter, dancing in the rain, singing in the shower, trying new things, keeping secrets, being a good friend, helping others, random acts of kindness, learning new things, accepting people for who they are, forgiving but not forgetting, and having the last word : )
What do you believe in?