Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Louie and The Grudge


For all of you who don't know I had my cat declawed last year for several reasons. We put a lot of thought into and decided it was the best for us and Louie. He recovered quickly from his surgery and was back to himself within days. Well Louie got a letter in the mail this week from The VET. The letter was a reminder that his shots were due. I called the vet and set up an appointment for the little guy and we went to get his shots this morning.

I pulled out the pet carrier and he instantly hid. I was sad because I am thinking.... He remembers what happened the last time this thing was pulled out. I let it set out while I was fixing my hair and putting on my makeup. He started inching closer and closer to it and before long he was sniffing it. I had to pull out his favorite toy and I tricked him to getting into the box. He immediately started bawling and I teared up. It makes me sad to hear him cry. I know I know.. I am a big baby..but you guys didn't hear it. It is awful. It just so happens that our vet lives on the complete opposite side of our town. It seemed like it took forever to get there..Louis was crying the entire time. When we got inside the vet asked me to bring him to the back room. Louis found his way to the back of the box and when the Vet stuck his hand into it Louis started hissing...The vet said you are going to have to get him out. To be honest I was scared to stick my hand in there. He was mad and you could tell..but when I stuck my hand into the box he started licking me.. Talk about putting me on a quilt trip. Ugg. It was awful. I pulled him to the front of the box and the Dr. quickly did his job and we were done. Louis didn't cry anymore but as soon as I got him home and opened the cage he was gone.


I didn't want him to sleep under the bed or out of sight because I didn't know if he would have a reaction to the medicene so I bribed him out from under my bed with his favorite cat treats. He ate one but wouldn't let me touch him. I closed off the bedroom doors and sat down to visit with my Mom. I wasn't really paying attention to him anymore and didn't notice that he was up and playing around. Later I went to the restroom and found his favorite toy (the one I lured him into the box with) in the bathroom thrash. How funny is this? I didn't throw it away and neither did my mother and Louis was the only one home besides me. I am thinking for the time being he is ticked at it...

Here is a picture I just took to show you his ticked off face....



I am sure he will be over it soon. But it is pretty sad when your own cat gives you dirty looks.

And just to let all of you kids know..lol. I am not a crazy cat lady! I know I have posted two blogs about my Lou in just a short time.. but this crazy cat cracks me up.

If you didn't get a chance to read my post from yesterday please do so. I want everyone I come across to know Audra's story so they can lift her up in prayer.

21 comments:

Megan said...

Whoa! That cat does look ticked off! ha, but he is cute!

Casey's trio said...

How funny...and the dirty looks that cats can give make you feel about an inch tall!

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

I hate hearing animals cry. I'm not a cat person...and I'm even less of a cat person since I married a man who had two HUGE cats. When I say huge, I'm talking one is 18 lbs and the other is 23 lbs. They scratch the furniture when their nails get long and their hair is EVERYWHERE, even though I try to keep it OFF everything. Anyway, I'm very sorry that your kitty had such a hard time with the vet. I'm sure he won't hold it against you for too long! :)

Anonymous said...

He definitely looks irritated! That is so funny!

Amy said...

Bless your heart! I know that feeling well....Our dog Allie has broken our hearts several times with vet related visits...It's like taking your preschooler to school for the first time...crying, separation anxiety...It's pitiful.

But that is so funny about the toy in the garbage! That would make a great story in a children's book.;)

God Bless,
Amy:)

Wendy said...

Thanks for visiting my site. My daughter is the cat lover in our family and she has two. One of them looks alot like yours. She has many cute stories and worries alot about them. Cats definitely have unique personalities. Glad to meet a blogger from OK.

melissa ellen parker said...

I love Louie's eyes!

I know what you can't get through a day without doing: probably petting your little cat.

Too funny that the toy got thrown out!

Liz Harrell said...

When I had Mabel 'fixed' she cried for an entire day afterward and wouldnt look at me. Nearly killed me.

Nicole said...

Haha that is so funny that he threw his toy in the garbage lol!

I get ticked off looks from my cats all the time. If I am petting one cat and the other doesn't like it they will stare at me with mad eyes and their ears back. My one cat is a huge baby and if I don't pay attention to her all day long, carry her around and tickle her tummy she looks at me with the saddest eyes ever and will follow me around the house "talking" trying to get my attention. I will pick her up and hold her and as soon as I put her down she will continue to follow me around whining.

When our cats got fixed they were all sucky and stayed with us the whole time wanting attention, but that does not mean they like the vet. They will be fine at first rubbing on us and acting happy until they see the vet. Then I have to take their cage apart to get them out and they freeze until everything is over. Once we get home they will follow us around asking for sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! Adorable blog!! Thanks for the well wished with Hurricane Ike. It is looking really scary... especially the mayor & governor of Texas on all the news stations. Aaarrrgghhh!! The storms really stress me out. :) ~Jill

Angie said...

Oooh, that IS a dirty look!

Jenna said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

Your cat is so cute, dirty looks and all! And that is too funny about his toy in the trash. Have a great day!

Katie said...

thats funny! But, I thought cats only had the dirty look/ticked off face? No?

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Ha! I'm so NOT a cat fan, but that is a funny story.

~ Sarah

sassy stephanie said...

Poor Louie! My cat would put all fours on the walls of her carrier to avoid having to come out when she realized where we were!

lklalli said...

You shouldnt have made him get the shots. That was mean. lol

Claremont First Ward said...

I've always thought cats really knew how to give the evil eye when they wanted to! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Mia said...

Ooooh he is so gorgeous! and I AM the crazy cat lady...so I should know! lol
Believe me he will come around :)

Amy said...

It's me again...I just wanted to let you know that I was posting my 6 Random Facts Tag tomorrow....Thanks for tagging me...It was a lot of fun!:)

Angela said...

Oh! I am so with you on this! I hate when my animals are hurting or scared... before I had children, my cats were my only babies, and I too am not a "cat lady" in that sense! (Tee Hee!) I had one kitty who would fetch a ball and return it for you to throw, so I think they are very smart and yours knew what he was doing when he put that toy in the trash! Too cute!

Love the song in the post above - am going to teach it to my children!

Great blog, by the way!

Lindsay said...

crazy cat lady...

no worries....I was a crazy dog-owner too, and now they've been moved outside. I do feel sorry for them and give them our dinner leftovers now though. Does that make it better?!